- 1 tablespoon salad oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs beef chuck underblade steak, about one-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup bottled steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- parsley sprig (to garnish) (optional)
- In 12-inch Dutch oven, over medium-high heat in hot oil, cook chuck steak until well browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, combine steak sauce, water, brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice until blended. Pour mixture over steak; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer steak for 2 to 2 1/2 hours (or even a little more depending on the thickness of the steak), or until fork-tender, turning steak once.
- This also comes out really tender with a "falling apart" texture if you cook it on low heat in a crockpot for 6-7 hours.
- To serve, remove steak to a warm platter; garnish with parsley, if desired. With a spoon, skim fat from liquid and discard.
- Pour sauce over steak or serve separately.