- 4 tablespoons minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 London broil, top round or flank steak 2 1/2 pounds, about 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a bowl, whisk together the chipotle, honey and garlic. Whisk in the oil.
- Season the steak all over with the salt. Pat the meat evenly with the chipotle mixture and let rest for at least an hour at room temperature, or as long as overnight in the refrigerator. If you’ve chilled it, let the steak come to room temperature before grilling.
- Light the charcoal or preheat the grill. Brush off any bits of garlic or chile from the meat and grill, covered, until the meat is charred on the outside and done to taste inside, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let the meat rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.